Ok, I have finally found it, I know that people see the bible as just one big guilt trip and a set of rules to prohibit any fun (just to be clear I completely disagree and find it to to be freeing not inhibiting), but I have finally found it, the biggest guilt trip in the whole bible.
1. in the version I read this morning the verse IS ALL IN CAPITAL LETTERS! (I have never seen a verse in capitals before)
2. It sounds like what I would call Blackmail.
3. It has an exclamation mark at the end.
4. I also cant help but feel like Paul is just a big kid in primary school trying to get his way and borrow money at recess to buy a ‘Sunny Boy’
5. Or even a parent telling a child, ‘remember what happened last time’, ‘Mother knows best’
so here it is; from Philemon 1: 19 in the NLT
“I, PAUL, WRITE THIS LETTER WITH MY OWN HAND: I WILL REPAY IT. AND I WONT MENTION THAT YOU OWE MR YOUR VERY SOUL!”
and from the Message Bible
“This is my personal signature – Paul- and I stand behind it. (I don’t need to remind you, do I, that you owe your very life to me?”
So there it is, one of the major pioneer of all nations receiving the gospel as ‘child’, ‘mother’, ‘father’, ‘guilt tripper’, and ’12 year old Facebook yeller’.
See the bible is fun and funny at the same time.
Sorry for the lack of seriousness today, I promise I will be extra serious tomorrow.
Have a good night
Just a Thought.